Saturday, June 1, 2024

updated perspective

I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to have a new perspective on everything that surrounds me. 
Looked at the shackles around my mind and heart and noticed they are shining. I looked at me maybe for the first time. Saw myself even though my eyes were closed and the room was dark.

Everyone wants me to tear down my walls, but they don't get it. This is all that I hear around me – You need to let them go, to be free. You need to start fresh and leave all behind.

Not one of those who are so quick and loud in voicing their opinion actually took a second and asked me what do I want. How do I plan on living the new chapter of my life. 

What do I want from this point going forward?

I am not looking for the one who can destroy all the obstacles in the way and strip me down of all those masks. On the contrary, I am looking for someone to run my kingdom with while wearing them like a crown.

Because all that I've built? That's my castle. That's my fortress. That is my safe space and I see no point in letting it wither.

I am done looking at it like a prison. And I am done allowing others to do so. It is time for me to embrace all my bleeding wounds and to rise. Even though this means I have to step over some dead bodies. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.